Update (5/6/16): We’re happy to report this position has been filled!
AMCC is still seeking a unique, and talented seafood-lover to fill our Local Seafood Sales and Operations Manager position. If you are interested in joining our team please read on and apply today!
This could be your new ride if you become our new Local Seafood Sales & Operations Manager!
Local Seafood Sales and Operations Manager:
The Alaska Marine Conservation Council is seeking a fish-loving individual to serve as our Local Seafood Sales and Operations Manager. This new position is responsible for scaling up AMCC’s local seafood sales programs and creating a newly branded seafood hub. Our Catch of the Season community supported fishery and Kodiak Jig Seafoods brand have been successfully selling seafood caught by Alaskans, to Alaskans for over four years. The Manager will have the vision and capability to grow these programs into a cohesive and high-functioning social enterprise of AMCC’s that generates social, environmental, and financial impact. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with an array of fishing and processing partners, other staff members, as well as contractors. We are seeking an individual with an interest in long-term growth with our entrepreneurial organization.
Position Requirements include:
• More than 5 years of work experience (or educational equivalent) in sales, marketing, and operations preferably in the food or seafood business.
• Demonstrated understanding of Alaska’s fisheries and seafood markets.
• Experience and comfort working with spreadsheets and developing financial projections.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to oversee and work collaboratively with other staff, board members and contractors, to engage volunteers and be a team leader.
• A self-starter with the ability to determine meaningful and achievable goals and meet them. • High level of energy, motivation and dedication to creativity and innovation.
• Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented and able to successfully and efficiently manage a significant workload.
• Passion and commitment to AMCC’s mission, vision and approach as well as to the vision and mission of our seafood sales programs.
• Ability to operate the AMCC vehicle (acceptable driving record) and lift objects over 45lbs.
• Ability to travel within and out of state and work on some evenings and weekends when needed.
The salary range for this exempt full-time position is $42,000-$50,000 and includes a unique benefits package with generous vacation leave, flex holidays, retirement, dental coverage, flexible work weeks and individual medical coverage. The position is based out of AMCC’s Anchorage office and start date is as soon as possible but no later than April 2016.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Retail/community supported fishery: Develop and implement strategies to expand the number of communities served and increase subscribers, as well as retain current subscribers.
• Wholesale sales: Develop and implement strategies to better serve current clients and increase sales of Kodiak Jig Seafoods cod and rockfish products.
• New business lines: Pilot and test the viability of new lines of business such as mobile food sales at events.
• Oversee all aspects of sales, marketing, and logistical operations to successfully carry out retail and wholesale sales.
• Forecast and monitor financial performance of seafood sales to meet or exceed targets.
• Work with a communications firm to develop a compelling brand identity for the Alaska Community Seafood Hub; ensure implementation of the new brand identity.
• Develop and track meaningful social, environmental, and financial growth goals for the program.
• Build and maintain relationships with fishermen and processors to increase supply options and support a broader base of fishing businesses. Successfully communicate with supply partners about the program.
• Oversee and put in place systems to ensure high product quality standards and manage any issues as they arise.
• Serve as a spokesperson with the media and promote the program through local events, speaking engagements, etc.
• Oversee and delegate tasks to a support staff member and contractors.
To apply: Interested applicants should send: 1) a cover letter detailing interest and qualifications for the position, 2) a resume with at least 3 professional references, and 3) communications pieces, marketing materials, or other examples of relevant work (optional). The application package should be sent to Kelly Harrell, Executive Director at email@example.com as soon as possible. This position will be open until filled.