To protect the integrity of Alaska’s marine ecosystems and promote healthy, ocean-dependent coastal communities.
We work to protect and restore the marine environment through sustainable fishing practices, habitat protection, and local stewardship. We support an ecosystem-based approach to research and marine resource management that incorporates the best science available, experiential knowledge, and the wisdom of tradition.
We invite you to join us to help make a difference. Our future – and our children’s future – depends on it.
- A healthy and diverse marine ecosystem has intrinsic value.
- People are a part of and depend upon a healthy and diverse marine ecosystem and have a responsibility to maintain it.
- Marine resource management must be comprehensive and incorporate indigenous, scientific, and experiential knowledge.
- The utilization of resources in the marine ecosystem requires management to prevent over-exploitation, destruction, and neglect of these resources and associated habitats.
- Coastal residents have a valuable and unique perspective on the marine ecosystem and the right to meaningful and influential participation on decisions.
- Fisheries management policies should ensure adequate, intergenerational access to fishing opportunities for local residents and communities.